You live abroad.
Your partner is often absent for work.
It’s a lot for one person.
Don’t carry it alone.
The top stressor for accompanying spouses is when a partner works long hours and has frequent work travel.
A Multicultural Life is your connection to resources, support, and community.
Hi, my name is Rhoda.
Is your partner often away for work? They may even be working for months on end in another country while you hold together family, home and pursue your own projects.
Maybe you've only just moved abroad and, next thing you know, they are on a plane to somewhere for work. You are left to settle in and figure out your new 'home'.
You face a unique set of challenges.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I've been married to a travelling husband for over 16 years, including two years apart where he was based in Kabul and our boys and I were in Switzerland.
My work is dedicated to those unique challenges and people, just like you, who are experiencing them.
Having a group of people to share with is essential. It is so uplifting to listen to other people’s stories and coping strategies and to learn from each others’ experience. You are not alone!
“You should never view your challenges as a disadvantage. Instead, it's important for you to understand that your experience facing and overcoming adversity is actually one of your biggest advantages.”
- Michelle Obama
If you want to:
• start working or training even if you are holding the fort most of the time
• find what you want to do in life
• manage all the juggling from a life with a partner away
• figure out what help you need and how to get it
Then I can coach you by helping you create the life that works for you, without destroying the life you already have.
Download 'Living, Loving and Parenting Across the Miles'
Research-Backed Strategies When One Partner Works Away From Home. It covers:
- Caring for you, as an individual
- Staying connected as a couple
- Parenting together, while physically apart
- Reconnecting when the travelling partner returns home
- Being prepared for emergencies