Vivian is the founder of Expat Nest, an online counselling service for internationals. She is a registered psychologist with Master’s degrees in both Child & Adolescent Psychology and Health Psychology. She was recognised in 2020 as one of the 100 most influential women in the world by Women appreciating Women. She is bicultural with family all over the world, Vivian is familiar with the international community and inspired by its diversity.
In this episode
- Vivian’s goal – providing an empathetic and comforting environment in which expats feel heard and understood and helping deal with the challenges of expat life.
- Multi-lingual and expat specialised: how and why Expat Nest works.
- Difficulties that Vivian often sees with people living in split locations.
- Vivian’s top tips for couples and families living in split locations.
- Why get in touch with a therapist?
- Vivian’s top recommended resources.
- ‘Third Culture Kids: Growing Up Among Worlds’ book by David C. Pollock & Ruth E. van Reken
- Families In Global Transition
- ‘Belonging Everywhere and Nowhere’ book by Lois J. Bushong
- ‘Holding The Fort Abroad’ book by Rhoda Bangerter
- ‘Solo Parenting Expat Mums’ Facebook group
- The Tandem Nomad Podcast by Amel Derragui
- ‘In Transit’ (formerly Expat Happy Hour) podcast with Sundae Bean
Rhoda Bangerter is a coach who has lived abroad with a travelling husband for over 16 years. She helps home based mums and dads live an intentional life and build family togetherness even when their partner is away a lot for work.